Package: python3-dialog (3.4.0-1)
Links for python3-dialog
Download Source Package pythondialog:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Python Modules Team (Mail Archive)
- Tristan Seligmann
- Florent Rougon
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [pythondialog.sourceforge.net]
Python module for making simple terminal-based user interfaces
pythondialog is a Python wrapper for the dialog utility originally written by Savio Lam, and later rewritten by Thomas E. Dickey. Its purpose is to provide an easy to use, pythonic and comprehensive Python interface to dialog. This allows one to make simple text-mode user interfaces on Unix-like systems.
pythondialog provides dialog boxes (widgets) of many different types. Among these, one can find infobox, msgbox, yesno, menu, checklist, radiolist, fselect (for selecting a file), rangebox, buildlist, treeview, calendar. These widgets, and those not listed here, allow one to build nice interfaces quickly and easily. However, it is not possible to create new widgets without modifying dialog itself.
For most widgets, the following settings can be chosen:
* width, height and other parameters where applicable; * two user-defined buttons, referred to as "Help" and "Extra", may be added and their labels freely chosen.Additionally, a color theme may be defined for all widgets via a configuration file.
pythondialog has good Unicode support. Precisely, this support should be as good as allowed by the combination of the Python interpreter, dialog, the terminal and the locale settings in use.
Other Packages Related to python3-dialog
- dep: dialog
- Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from shell scripts
- dep: libjs-sphinxdoc (>= 1.0)
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- sug: python3-doc
- documentation for the high-level object-oriented language Python 3