Package: cups-browsed (1.9.0-2)
Links for cups-browsed
Download Source Package cups-filters:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Printing Team (Mail Archive)
- Till Kamppeter
- Didier Raboud
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.openprinting.org]
OpenPrinting CUPS Filters - cups-browsed
This package provides cups-browsed, a daemon which browses the Bonjour broadcasts of shared remote CUPS printers and makes the printers available locally, replacing the CUPS broadcasting/browsing which was dropped in CUPS 1.6.x. This way the old behavior of having the remote printers available automatically is now re-implemented with Bonjour.
cups-browsed is also useful with a CUPS >= 1.6 client to allow the latter to browse the printer list of CUPS < 1.6 servers (by using the old 'cups' protocol in BrowseRemoteProtocols).
cups-browsed is also useful with a CUPS >= 1.6 server to allow CUPS < 1.6 clients to browse its printer list (by using the old 'cups' protocol in BrowseLocalProtocols).
Other Packages Related to cups-browsed
- dep: cups-daemon
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - daemon
- dep: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~)
- helper tools for all init systems
- dep: libavahi-client3 (>= 0.6.16)
- Avahi client library
- dep: libavahi-common3 (>= 0.6.16)
- Avahi common library
- dep: libavahi-glib1 (>= 0.6.16)
- Avahi GLib integration library
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [i386]
- dep: libcups2 (>= 1.7.0)
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - Core library
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.37.3)
- GLib library of C routines
- dep: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP libraries
- rec: avahi-daemon (>= 0.6.31-3~)
- Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon