Package: perl (5.20.2-4)
Links for perl
Download Source Package perl:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Niko Tyni
- Dominic Hargreaves
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [dev.perl.org]
Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
Perl is a highly capable, feature-rich programming language with over 20 years of development. Perl 5 runs on over 100 platforms from portables to mainframes. Perl is suitable for both rapid prototyping and large scale development projects.
Perl 5 supports many programming styles, including procedural, functional, and object-oriented. In addition to this, it is supported by an ever-growing collection of reusable modules which accelerate development. Some of these modules include Web frameworks, database integration, networking protocols, and encryption. Perl provides interfaces to C and C++ for custom extension development.
Other Packages Related to perl
- dep: dpkg (>= 1.17.17)
- Debian package management system
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.11) [i386]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- dep: libdb5.3
- Berkeley v5.3 Database Libraries [runtime]
- dep: libgdbm3 (>= 1.8.3)
- GNU dbm database routines (runtime version)
- dep: perl-base (= 5.20.2-4)
- minimal Perl system
- dep: perl-modules (>= 5.20.2-4)
- Core Perl modules
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:126.96.36.199)
- compression library - runtime