Package: ntp (1:4.2.6.p5+dfsg-7+deb8u2~tanglu3.1)
Links for ntp
Download Source Package ntp:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian NTP Team (Mail Archive)
- Bdale Garbee
- Peter Eisentraut
- Kurt Roeckx
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [support.ntp.org]
Network Time Protocol daemon and utility programs
NTP, the Network Time Protocol, is used to keep computer clocks accurate by synchronizing them over the Internet or a local network, or by following an accurate hardware receiver that interprets GPS, DCF-77, NIST or similar time signals.
This package contains the NTP daemon and utility programs. An NTP daemon needs to be running on each host that is to have its clock accuracy controlled by NTP. The same NTP daemon is also used to provide NTP service to other hosts.
For more information about the NTP protocol and NTP server configuration and operation, install the package "ntp-doc".
Other Packages Related to ntp
- dep: dpkg (>= 220.127.116.11)
- Debian package management system
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libcap2 (>= 1:2.10)
- POSIX 1003.1e capabilities (library)
- dep: libedit2 (>= 2.11-20080614)
- BSD editline and history libraries
- dep: libopts25 (>= 1:5.18.4)
- automated option processing library based on autogen
- dep: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1d)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-13)
- Linux Standard Base 4.1 init script functionality
- dep: netbase
- Basic TCP/IP networking system
- rec: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- sug: ntp-doc
- Network Time Protocol documentation