Package: r-bioc-biomart (2.20.0-1)
Links for r-bioc-biomart
Download Source Package r-bioc-biomart:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Med Packaging Team (Mail Archive)
- Andreas Tille
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.bioconductor.org]
GNU R Interface to BioMart databases (Ensembl, COSMIC, Wormbase and Gramene)
In recent years a wealth of biological data has become available in public data repositories. Easy access to these valuable data resources and firm integration with data analysis is needed for comprehensive bioinformatics data analysis. biomaRt provides an interface to a growing collection of databases implementing the BioMart software suite (http://www.biomart.org). The package enables retrieval of large amounts of data in a uniform way without the need to know the underlying database schemas or write complex SQL queries. Examples of BioMart databases are Ensembl, COSMIC, Uniprot, HGNC, Gramene, Wormbase and dbSNP mapped to Ensembl. These major databases give biomaRt users direct access to a diverse set of data and enable a wide range of powerful online queries from gene annotation to database mining.
Other Packages Related to r-bioc-biomart
- dep: r-base-core (>= 3.1.0-1)
- GNU R core of statistical computation and graphics system
- dep: r-bioc-annotationdbi
- GNU R Annotation Database Interface for BioConductor
- dep: r-bioc-biobase
- base functions for Bioconductor
- dep: r-cran-rcurl
- GNU R General network (HTTP/FTP/...) client interface
- dep: r-cran-xml
- GNU R package for XML parsing and generation