Package: cryptsetup (2:1.6.6-1)
Links for cryptsetup
Download Source Package cryptsetup:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Cryptsetup Team (Mail Archive)
- Jonas Meurer
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [code.google.com]
disk encryption support - startup scripts
Cryptsetup provides an interface for configuring encryption on block devices (such as /home or swap partitions), using the Linux kernel device mapper target dm-crypt. It features integrated Linux Unified Key Setup (LUKS) support.
Cryptsetup is backwards compatible with the on-disk format of cryptoloop, but also supports more secure formats. This package includes support for automatically configuring encrypted devices at boot time via the config file /etc/crypttab. Additional features are cryptoroot support through initramfs-tools and several supported ways to read a passphrase or key.
Other Packages Related to cryptsetup
- dep: cryptsetup-bin (>= 2:1.6.0)
- disk encryption support - command line tools
- dep: dmsetup
- Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
- rec: console-setup
- console font and keymap setup program
- rec: kbd
- Linux console font and keytable utilities