Package: mailavenger (0.8.4-2)
Links for mailavenger
Download Source Package mailavenger:
Please consider filing a bug before contacting the maintainer directly.
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Ulises Vitulli
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.mailavenger.org]
Highly configurable, MTA-independent SMTP filter server
Mail Avenger is a highly configurable, MTA-independent Spam filtering solution at SMTP'ing time.
The criteria Mail Avenger uses to handle filtering is based on a "how is it being send?" fashion, instead of the classical "what are you sending?" model, in which the body or mail itself is analysed looking for SPAM patterns, keywords, bad words or applying Bayesian filters, like SpamAssassin, DSPAM or SpamBayes does.
A distinguishing feature of Mail Avenger is that it allows you to reject spam during SMTP time, before even spooling messages in your local mail queue. This carries interesting features like identifying most clients OS (using TCP SYN fingerprints), acquiring client's network information, embed cryptographically secure expiration times in temporary mail addresses to validate mail before receiving the message body, between others.
This is a partial list of features:
* Mail-bomb protection * TCP filtering * Network-level traffic analysis * SMTP-level traffic analysis * SMTP callbacks * Per-user and per-user-extension mail scripts * Per-user mail relay checks * Virtual domain mapping * Alias to user mapping * RBL support * SPF * SPF language queries * Asynchronous DNS queries * "Bodytest" support * SMTP STARTTLS support
Other Packages Related to mailavenger
- dep: adduser (>= 3.40)
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libdb5.1
- Berkeley v5.1 Database Libraries [runtime]
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.8)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: lsb-base
- Linux Standard Base 4.1 init script functionality